With Americans living longer, healthier lives, the conventional idea of retirement is obsolete. Millions of Americans are working past the age of sixty-five—not always because they have to, but because they want to. Many discover second careers, start their own businesses, even return to school. They reinvent themselves.
In his speeches and workshop sessions, Jay Bell offers inventive and exciting alternatives to retirement. In his own transition from a successful professional in the field of creative business communications, Jay is currently committed to helping growing numbers of prospective retirees chart a new journey to freedom:
In his lively and fun approach, Jay challenges his audiences to:
- Redefine the word retirement
- Re-imagine their life goals
- And translate those goals into creative, fulfilling, and balanced lives.
Who should attend:
- Anyone in line to “rewire” their “retirement” years with plans to continue working on their own terms – defined by their own personal goals
- Mature “layoffs” searching for ways to adapt
- Anyone in the middle of personal transition – feeling stuck – or bored with the prospect of perpetuating the status quo.
- Those 50+ with lessened prospects of employment – with feelings of being obsolete. Needing new perspectives on alternatives.
What does the word retirement mean to you right now?
In 2016, the concept of retirement is in a state of flux and transition. As the very word retirement becomes irrelevant to more and more people, we need come up with an alternative way to describe these bonus years of life.
Click here to download a list of questions aimed at addressing the mystique of retirement and aging, and seeing if traditional ways of planning for the future hold up for you.
Visit this website on a regular basis for announcements and schedules of Jay’s future presentations and interactive workshop sessions.